There's an El Scorcho buzz. Can you feel it?
We've gotten a bunch of e-mails lately with questions about the run. And this morning we received an inquiry from Inside Texas Running magazine. Things are heating up (pun intended).
Here are two recent questions (and our answers) that may be helpful:
Any chance the time limit could be extended beyond 7 hours?
Our permit with the city technically runs out at 7 a.m., but we will take steps to accomodate runners who need additional support. The run takes place in a city park, and runners who haven't finished by 7 a.m. may keep running. El Scorcho staff intends to keep at least one aid station open until 8 a.m., if needed. If you're concerned about finishing after 8 a.m., e-mail us, and we will try to figure something out.
Is there a possibility of doing a relay race so entrants can do the event with friends?
Sure, assuming each member of the relay team pays the regular entry fee. Although El Scorcho will not have an official relay category, entrants may split the distance among themselves. Each "relay" entrant will receive the same support, t-shirt, and finisher's medal as an individual participant. But to receive the commemorative El Scorcho spur, the 50K must be accomplished by a single runner.
- We got a new sponsor! Special thanks goes out to ...
- There's an El Scorcho buzz. Can you feel it? We'v...
- Wow! We've already had some folks sign up for El ...
- After a couple months of brainstorming, we submitt...
- When GandaMan came up with the idea of putting tog...
- The idea for El Scorcho started last fall/winter w...
- ▼ April (6)